Due to COVID-19, we'll be teaching all our summer programs online. Our courses for grades 1-8 run for four weeks at a time, with three one-hour classes per week. We are offering two streams: “on-curriculum” and enrichment. In addition, we will be running an online, two-week version of Math Academy, our advanced summer program for high school students. full course descriptions
- Access to a device with video and microphone to allow for two-way communication with the instructor and other participants during the scheduled class time.
- A Gmail address to use to log into Google Classroom. This does not need to be the same one the parent used to enroll as these two systems are not interconnected in any way.
- Access to a printer is helpful, but not necessary. Instructors have been asked to keep in mind that not everyone has one. In the limited cases in which an activity absolutely requires a printer, teachers will provide an alternative activity that does not require one.
- Paper and pencil
- Spring Term 1: April 20 - May 15 (four weeks)
- Spring Term 2: May 25 - June 19 (four weeks)
- Summer Term 1: July 6 - July 31 (four weeks)
- Summer Term 2: August 4 - August 28 (four weeks)
On-curriculum courses will be for single grades; some instructors will be using Khan Academy as a textbook. Teachers will provide live lessons, assign and take-up homework, and assign project-based homework designed to deepen understanding of the material and increase enjoyment of the subject matter. The exact topics to be covered in the course will be advertised ahead of time so that you can decide whether or not the course would be useful for your child. On-curriculum courses are suitable for children who are working approximately at their grade level. If your child is struggling significantly in math, you may want to email us at email@example.com to discuss the most appropriate placement.
Enrichment courses are designed for children who have already mastered the material at their grade level and are looking for greater challenges and new ways to stimulate their interest in math. For those already familiar with our past “Enriching Minds” clubs and camps, these courses will be in a similar vein, adapted for the online experience. Some enrichment classes will be for single grades; some will be two-year splits; and we will be piloting a new enrichment program for high school students. We are offering some special themes and formats this term, so please see full course descriptions for details.
Classes will be taught live on Zoom, a video conferencing tool, and class materials will be organized on Google Classroom. Both platforms are free. For full participation in the class, your child will need
Classes will be three one-hour sessions per week, Monday to Friday. See full course descriptions for schedule.
Program Fees and Financial Support
$168 for four weeks
We have adjusted our bursary process in order to maintain accessibility for families financially impacted by lay-offs and reduced hours. If you are unable to pay the full program because you have been financially affected by the COVID-19 situation or are otherwise low-income, please apply for a bursary. Further information and an application form can be found here.