Enjoy the fun and engaging math learning experience of online programs from the comfort of your own home!
Winter Online Programs
- Contest Preparation Club (January 11 – February 5) – For Grades 1 - 12
- Math Enrichment Themed Courses (February 8 – March 5) – For Grades 1 - 10
- Grades 1-8 Contest club and Enrichment Courses: $180
- High School Contest Club and Enrichment Courses: $200+tax
- Access to a device with video and microphone to allow for two-way communication with the instructor and other participants during the scheduled class time.
- For Google Classroom and Google Meets: a Gmail address to use to log into Google Classroom. This does not need to be the same one the parent used to enroll as these two systems are not interconnected in any way.
- Access to a printer is helpful, but not necessary. Instructors have been asked to keep in mind that not everyone has one. In the limited cases in which an activity absolutely requires a printer, teachers will provide an alternative activity that does not require one.
- Paper and pencil
Winter Math Program registrations are now available! If you are interested in logic-thinking, problem-solving, or sharpening your skills in mathematical contests, come join us this Winter! We will be offering various course streams this Winter, please see details here: Winter Online Programs .
Winter Online Programs: full course descriptions
Contest Preparation Club - The Winter Contest Club will cover contest questions and problem solving strategies that students may come across when writing contests. This course will help students to hone their skills in quickly assessing how to solve a problem by recognizing its type. All students are welcomed! Whether students are new to contest writing or experienced, students will gain exposure to mathematical problem solving and logical thinking in a fun atmosphere with peers and instructors who enjoy doing math. Contests that are relevant may include: Math Kangaroo, Math Caribou Contest, and various Waterloo Contests.
**Note: The Winter Contest Club is different from the Fall Contest Club 2021. Overall, we will be covering new materials and different question
Enrichment Courses – Enrichment courses are designed for children who have already mastered the material at their grade level and are looking for greater challenges and new ways to stimulate their interest in math. For those already familiar with our past “Enriching Minds” clubs and camps, these courses will be in a similar vein, adapted for the online experience. Some enrichment classes will be for single grades; some will be two-year splits. We will be offering some special themes and formats this Winter.
Algorithm & Coding Courses - The strong and beautiful relationship between Algorithms, Coding and Math will be introduced to young coders in this camp. Building on math knowledge, like geometry, solving math puzzles, and learning key programming concepts, students code together to solve challenges and mini projects.
Program Fees and Financial Support
We have adjusted our bursary process in order to maintain accessibility for families financially impacted by lay-offs and reduced hours. If you are unable to pay the full program because you have been financially affected by the COVID-19 situation or are otherwise low-income, please apply for a bursary.
Further information and an application form can be found here.
There is a $25 administrative fee for cancellation requests. Cancellations made within 48 hours after the first class will receive a full refund minus the administrative fee. Requests for refunds more than 48 hours after the program starts will not be processed. Refunds will not be issued for absences or missed days or due to removal of a student from the program.
Classes will be taught live on Zoom, and materials will be organized on Google Classroom. Both platforms are free, and students will receive an invitation link a week prior to the course start date.